The Catholic Conference of Illinois and the Illinois State Board of Education are joining forces in April to present a free conference on school wellness targeted to both public and nonpublic school officials.
Attendees at the April 29 event held at the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel in Bloomington, Illinois will learn about the following topics:
- Title I and IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Act)
- Student health and safety, including undesignated medicine, medical cannabis, concussions, etc.
- State recognition Q-and-A session
- Title III
Because of its collaborative nature, the conference is ideal for the following individuals:
- Public school district personnel
- Nonpublic school staff
- Representatives of regional offices of education and intermediate service centers
- Illinois State Board of Education staff members
The conference runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Wed., April 29, with registration beginning at 8:30 a.m. Lunch is provided.
A limited number of rooms at the hotel have been set aside for $85 for individuals wishing to arrive on the 28th and stay the night. Please contact the hotel at 309-664-6446 or 1-800-222-TREE.
Sign up here to attend the conference, and download a flier here promoting the event.